Is it a bug? Point attribute for Imagemap is not displaying

Pratap dwija_dey at REDIFFMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 16 04:57:03 EDT 2006

Hi
  List
    At last i have added the client side imagemap, where i can show the
    the value from the .dbf file for polygon layer. But when i do the
    same for the point layer the '%s' field is get substituted by the
    layer name. Is that a bug? if anyone has implemented the imagemap
    for point layer plz. tell me where is the problem?

My imagemap file
********
********
OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME imagemap
    MIMETYPE "text/html"
    #FORMATOPTION SKIPENDTAG=ON
    FORMATOPTION "SYMBOLHREF=javascript:clicked(%s)"
    FORMATOPTION "POLYHREF=javascript:alert(%s)"
    DRIVER imagemap
 END

 LAYER
    NAME hospital
    STATUS DEFAULT
    TYPE POINT
    DATA hospital
    CLASSITEM "H_NAME"
    CLASS
      NAME HOSPITAL
      STYLE
         COLOR 128 128 0
         OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
         SYMBOL 0
      END
    END
 **********
 **********

 All i will get the imagemap for the above point layer is->

 <map name="map1" width="300" height="300">
 <area href="alert('hospital');" shape="circle" coords="181,69, 3" />
 *********
 *********
  Why this strange behavior? I do hope it will work for point layer
  also. Whether i have to add something to my map file or in output
  section part?

 Any idea/experience will be highly appreciated.
 Thanks in advance
  Pratap