Buffering?

Sun Jun 18 07:32:56 EDT 2006

Bill: You have a couple of options. If you want to create a new, buffered feature then you need to use mapscript with GEOS support compiled in. Then you can do something like:

  $bShape = $shape->buffer(500);

If you want just query output then that is accomplished using tolerances. Both the CGI and mapscript have mechanisms to query using a arbitrary shape or using a feature query (staged query).  So, if you select a polygon and then query other layers with non-zero tolerances then you are in effect doing a buffered query since mapserver will honor those tolerances...

Steve

>>> rubydunes <rubydunes at YAHOO.COM> 06/17/06 11:45 PM >>>
Hey Everyone...  I'm wondering what strategies others
have used to buffer and select, that is to find all
features within a certain distance from a selected
feature.  Is it built in somewhere and I just missed
that part in the documentation?

Thanks!

Bill