FW: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] mapserver mapscript vs mapserver cgi projection problem

Becky Poole becky at BECKYPOOLE.COM
Sun Jun 18 19:58:10 EDT 2006

Dear Mapserver:
I am getting hundreds of emails from many different people such as the one
here and I don't know why.  Do you have any reason why?   I am a member of
mapserver and have been for about a year but these email started about a
month ago.  I'm wondering if I am on some sort of email reply list
concerning these questions.  If I am can you please take me off..... OR if
you know why I am getting these emails  please let me know.

Thank you,  Becky Poole

From: Ed McNierney <ed at TOPOZONE.COM>
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] mapserver mapscript vs mapserver cgi
projection problem
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 15:59:13 -0400

Brent -

Well, an error of that magnitude certainly looks like a datum problem,
particularly if your lat/lon output uses a datum different than NZGD49,
the datum used by the EPSG:27200 projection.

The first thing I would check is to make sure your Windows installation
of PROJ is set up with the required set of NADCON grid shift files.  If
the grid shift files are not present, PROJ will silently return the
un-shifted (and therefore incorrect) results.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.