What's the catch with ROSA on Windows client PCs

Ken Lord kenlord at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 20 18:18:19 EDT 2006

... Just keep in mind that Microsoft no longer distributes their JVM
as of a couple years ago, and encourages all customers to migrate away
from existing installations of the MSJVM.

http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/java/

However, they still 'support' their JVM against security issues until
the end of 2007.

And, for our next trick, if you want to use the deprecated MSJVM to
fix this old Rosa issue, how do you convince all the Internet Explorer
users in your audience to install the fix?

And for the record,  Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 also exhibits the Rosa problem.

Cheers,
Ken Lord
Vancouver BC