WMS Spatio temporal search

Bonnie Stewart Bonnie.Stewart at DLI.WA.GOV.AU
Tue Jun 20 20:52:26 EDT 2006

I spent a little while playing with a TIME filtered WMS which I connected to from ArcGIS, which doesn't support the TIME parameter - I ended up setting up a little ASP script to append my default TIME parameter onto the WMS request that ArcGIS sends. If you're interested in going down that path I can give you details of the script - it's not particularly fancy though :)

Bonnie

__________________________________
Bonnie Stewart
Research Officer
Satellite Remote Sensing Services
Information Access Division
Department of Land Information
65 Brockway Road, FLOREAT WA 6014
Ph. (08) 9387 0342 | Fx. (08) 9383 7142
bonnie.stewart at dli.wa.gov.au
www.dli.wa.gov.au

________________________________

From: UMN MapServer Users List on behalf of Denis Nadeau
Sent: Wed 21/06/2006 1:58 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] WMS Spatio temporal search

Hi,

I followed the instruction to set TIME and SPATIAL search from this URL.

   http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/WCSServerFormatHowTo

The Filter with TIME parameter works fine.  My problem is that NASA ESG portal (http://esg.gsfc.nasa.gov/) does not set the &TIME parameter in its QUERY_STRING (File-Load View-OGC WMS Server).   The results is a blank image

I want to find a way to set a default value for the TIME parameter.

Regards,
Denis
-----------------
.map file

LAYER
  NAME 'time_idx'
  TYPE TILEINDEX
  DATA "/local/tools/gdaac/TS2/www/maptest/data/AIRS/testindex.shp"
  FILTERITEM 'TIME'   #This work!!!
  FILTER '%TIME%'
END

LAYER
    NAME "AIRSRGB"
    TYPE RASTER
    STATUS DEFAULT
    DEBUG ON

    TILEINDEX "time_idx"
    TILEITEM  "location"
    EXTENT -180.0 -90.0 180.0 90.0
    DUMP TRUE
    PROJECTION
        "init=epsg:4326"   ##recommended
    END

    METADATA
       wms_title        "Aqua AIRS Visible/NIR False Color Composite, 10 km resolution, registered"   ##required
       wms_extent       "-180 -90 180 190"
    END

  CLASS
    NAME "VBRADLEGEND"
    KEYIMAGE "/datapool/OPS/user/services/cronproc/global_browse/ogc_registered/AIRVBRAD.003.20060508.day.legend.jpg"
    DEBUG ON
  END
END # Layer

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended only for the use of the addressee(s).  It may contain information that is confidential and privileged.  If you are not an intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure, distribution or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited.  If you receive this in error, please notify the author by Return email to the sender.  Information in this message not relating to the official business of DLI shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.  While every care is taken, it is recommended that you scan any attachments for viruses.  DLI liability is limited to re-supplying affected attachments.

PLEASE NOTE: All dola.wa.gov.au and vgo.wa.gov.au email addresses have been decommissioned. These have been replaced by dli.wa.gov.au addresses. Please ensure that your records are updated to reflect this change.  Further information can be obtained by contacting our service desk on 92737533 or emailing Servicedesk at dli.wa.gov.au