Problem: MS4W1.5.3 with Oracle 9i

Zhonghai Wang zhonghaiw at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 21 08:27:12 EDT 2006

Hi guys,

I've been working on this topic for almost two weeks, and I still can not
get it work. In last two days, Fernando Simon has helped me a lot to solve
this problem, Simon, thank you, I really appreciate it. With his help I
stepped forward to solve this problem, but I still can not get it work.

according to Fernando Simon's suggestion I made the test with the command:

C:\ms4w> mapserv.exe"QUERY_STRING=localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?&mode=map&map=C:\ms4w\apps\Demo\OracleTest.map"
,

and I get the map image successfully. In the OracleTest.map mapfile, two
oracle layers are defined, one with native oracle suppport, one with OGR OCI
interface.

tests with the command mapserv -v and ogrinfo --formats indicate that oracle
spatial and OCI are supported. with the "ogrinfo OCI:XX/XX at XXXX" command is
also no problem to access the the oracle database, I can even use ogr2ogr
command to convert the oracle spatial layer to ESRI Shapefile.

but the problem is, if I am trying to access the oracle spatial database in
web browse, an Internal Server Error is returned instead of the map image. i
really can not figure out what the problem is.

thanks for any ideas to solve this problem.

zhonghai