begin with C# MapScript

Zhonghai Wang zhonghaiw at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 22 05:47:50 EDT 2006

Hi ALL,

with the help from this mailing list  I am going to improve my application
with the C# MapScript, but before I begin with something, I still have some
doubts, and need you guys in this mailing list to encourage me, :-). Ok,
here is my scenario:

I've been worked on MapServer for about two months, but only based on the
CGI mode and never with any MapScript API. With the help from this mailing
list, I have now MS4W1.5.3 run on my computer with Oracle Spatial support,
which is tested under the CGI mode.

Now I have another application under the .NET FW, all I need to do is to get
a map image from MapServer.  AFAIK, the map images can be generated with the
command <mapserver.exe "QUERY_STRING=...."> in the command line, therefore I
think if I could directly use the C# MapScript API to generate the map
image, and without IIS or Apche web server. For example, I can call the
draw() in the C# MapScript to generate the map image. But I am really not
sure about this.

and for the first step to C# MapScript, I would really appreciate it if I
can get any example to using C# MapScript API from you guys here.

thanks in advance

kind regards

zhonghai