Raster tile and tilesize

Travis Kirstine GIS Tech tkirstine at JDBARNES.COM
Mon Jun 26 08:49:39 EDT 2006

Raster tile and tilesizeSture,
I found this useful.  See the discussion:GeoTIFF overviews / TILEINDEX /
Large dataset performance
http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.mapserver.user/day=20050609

  -----Original Message-----
  From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU]On
Behalf Of Sture Dingsøyr
  Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2006 5:18 PM
  To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
  Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Raster tile and tilesize

  HI

  I want to make some raster layers in Mapserver at different scales. To do
this I will use tiles.

  The raster I am going to make will cover a large area, so if I devide this
into tiles say 200x200 pixel I will have a large amount of files..

  Does anybody have some experience or recomandations conserning raster tile
size, amount of files vs Mapserver speed?

  Regards

  Sture