Oracle Spatial Filter problem

Zhonghai Wang zhonghaiw at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 26 09:55:51 EDT 2006

Hi there,

I am trying to render the map with oracle spatial database, and facing
problems with the FILTER expression.

at first I define the oracle spatial connection like:

CONNECTIONTYPE ORACLESPATIAL
CONNECTION "E110/E110 at PMCGIS2.WORLD"
DATA "GEOLOC FROM E112_CELLS_GEO USING UNIQUE MI_PRINX SRID 8307"

and this one works fine, therefore I am sure that the mapfile definition is
ok, and then I change the data connection to :

CONNECTIONTYPE ORACLESPATIAL
CONNECTION "E110/E110 at PMCGIS2.WORLD"
DATA "GEOLOC FROM E112_CELLS_GEO USING FILTER"
FILTER "WHERE  MI_PRINX =100"

to use the FILTER function for a specific selection, but this definition
gives aan error instead of the map image:

ERROR:
msOracleSpatialLayerWhichShapes(): OracleSpatial error. Error: ORA-00936:
missing expression .
Query statement: SELECT rownum, GEOLOC FROM E112_CELLS_GEO WHERE WHERE
MI_PRI
NX=100 AND SDO_FILTER( GEOLOC, MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY(2003, NULL, NULL,
MDSYS.SDO_ELE
M_INFO_ARRAY(1,1003,3),MDSYS.SDO_ORDINATE_ARRAY(5.95587,45.11214,10.49203,
48.514
26) ),'querytype=window') = 'TRUE' .
Check your data statement.

I can not figure out where the problem is. the MI_PRINX is the unique id of
the table, if I make this query in the SQLPlus, the data will be returned,
which means the where condition in the SQL is no problem.

any ideas for this?

kind regards

zhonghai