LABELMINSCALE/LABELMAXSCALE

Daniel Goetz madprof at GMX.CH
Tue Jun 27 04:13:49 EDT 2006

Hi,

I want to write a wms-konform .map-file. Therefor I have some raster-Layers in the bottom, a oracle-spatial-layer with polygons in the middle and on top I want to have some Layers (point) just for labeling.

To test my .map-file in the process of writing, I wrote me a small html.template with pan and zoom abilities. Erverything went fine so long. But when I embeded my .mapfile in "mapender" (this "template" is more or less a WMS-konform client-software; see therefor: http://www.mapbender.org/ ) as a WMS, the Layers for labeling (POINT-Layers) were not shown anymore. (You remember with the same .map-file and a simple html-template everything went fine).

So I tried to do some changes on the LAYER-Definitions of the affected Layers in the .map-file. and it turned out, that WMS-GetMap-Request could not deal with the "LABELMINSCALE" and the "LABELMAXSCALE" Parameters in the LAYERS-Object. Here I give you the LAYER-Definition of my .mapfile where I have outcommented the LABELMINSCALE and LABELMAXSCALE lines (and then it works):

LAYER
   NAME "LABEL_GFZ"
   CONNECTIONTYPE OracleSpatial
   CONNECTION "username/password at service"
   DATA "GEOM FROM VIEW_LABEL_GFZ USING SRID 82032"
   TYPE ANNOTATION
   STATUS ON
   PROJECTION
	"init=epsg:4326"
   END
   LABELITEM "LABEL_TEXT"
#   LABELMAXSCALE 13000
#   LABELMINSCALE 2500
   SYMBOLSCALE 4000
   METADATA
	WMS_TITLE "VIEW_LABEL_GFZ"
   END
   CLASS
      LABEL
	TYPE truetype
       	FONT arial
        SIZE 11
        MAXSIZE 17
        MINSIZE 7
       	ANTIALIAS TRUE
       	COLOR 0 0 0
	OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
	POSITION lc
	FORCE TRUE
       END
   END
   LABELANGLEITEM "(100-ORIENTATION)*0.9"
END

Has anybody experience with this problem or any ideas what went wrong? Might it be that the Parameter LABELMINSCAL and LABELMAXSCAL are not konform with the OGC-WMS-specification? Or is there another reason why the Layers are shown via html-template but not via WMS-GetMapt-Request? Could anybody help?

Thank you so much for your help, your time and your ideas. Thank you.

regards

Daniel