load Map error

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Thu Jun 29 09:26:01 EDT 2006

Albert,

You are calling the MapServer cgi program, but you are not telling it which map file to use for configuration.  If you are calling the program with a get request (in a URL), it should look something like:

http://my.site/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/home/mydirectory/mymapfile.map

You will likely set other variables in the URL also, like mode, layers, etc.

If you are calling the MapServer cgi from a html form, you are missing a hidden html variable named map that, like the url variable above, would contain the path to your map file.

David.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Albert Anderson
	Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 8:18 AM
	To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
	Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] load Map error

	Hi,

	 I am getting this error loadMap(): Web application error. CGI variable "map" is not set.  That is when I am clicking the submit button and it doesnt load up the map. Can anyone help me?

	Thanks,
	Albert

	Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min. <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman7/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39666/*http://messenger.yahoo.com>