MSPOSTGISLayerOpen -- shared connection not available

Umberto Nicoletti umberto.nicoletti at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 1 02:50:10 EST 2006

On 2/28/06, Steve W <klawsteve at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Am unable to render a map with a POSTGIS layer.
>
> Archive and g**gle searches come up almost empty on this one.
>
> Architecture:  ms4w/Apache 2.0.54/PHP4.3.11/mapserv4.6
>
> Layer exists, can be queried spatially and non-spatially outside of
> mapserver, and can be displayed in QuantumGIS.  So I believe the data is fine.
>
> Map file snippet looks like this:
>
> LAYER
>  NAME "country"
>  CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
>  CONNECTION "dbname=world user=postgres password=XXXXX server=localhost
> port=5432"
>  DATA "geom from public.cntry2"
>  DEBUG TRUE
>
> (or I can provide user=nobody)
>
> Apache error log looks like this:
>
> [error] [client 127.0.0.1] msPOSTGISLayerOpen called datastatement: geom
> from public.cntry2\r, referer: http://localhost/world/index.phtml
> [error] [client 127.0.0.1] MSPOSTGISLayerOpen -- shared connection not
> available.\r, referer: http://localhost/world/index.phtml

This is not an error, only a debug statement saying that the
connection pool has not a connection already available and that a new
one needs to be opened.

> [Tue Feb 28 14:09:40 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1]
> FAILURE!!!msPOSTGISLayerClose datastatement: geom from public.cntry2\r,
> referer: http://localhost/world/index.phtml
> [Tue Feb 28 14:09:40 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] msPOSTGISLayerClose --
> layerinfo is  NULL\r, referer: http://localhost/world/index.phtml

This should not be an error too.

I conclude it should be a problem with the postgis data? How did you
load it in postgres?

Best regards,
Umberto