ka-map query

Ben Crane crane_ba at YAHOO.COM
Wed Mar 1 04:25:26 EST 2006

Hey all,

I've downloaded ka-map and dumped it under the
mapserver folder on my pc. I have looked at the
O'Reilly website which explains how to get it all up
and running but I have a couple questions because
things aren't quite working out:

1. I can get mapserver.exe to run without a problem,
but kamap doesn't unpack into the htdocs folder under
msmw. Where do I need to put the kamap htdocs folder
for it to be accessed? The tutorial doesn't
specifically tell you. I'm presuming ALL the
data/html, etc it will need to be under the msmw
htdocs folder?

2. I now have to servers running on my laptop, apache
and mapserver. Where does kamap fit in and with an
additional http.default config file present with kamap
I need to understand just how it fits in with
mapserver.

Are there any more basic tutorials explaining this
addon? I can get mapserver up and running without a
problem and parse maps, label, etc...so I'm pretty
confident with that at the moment, but using AJAX is
quite important to me as a development.

Regards
Ben Crane