Shape layer is not shown. Please help

Travis Kirstine GIS Tech tkirstine at JDBARNES.COM
Wed Mar 1 11:07:36 EST 2006

Firstly, you should define a symbols.sym file that will be used to draw your
map symbols (points, lines, polygons)
It is declared in the map object just liike SHAPEPATH.  By default mapserver
will only draw points as one pixel if there is no
symbol defined

SYMBOLSET your path to the symbol.sym file    e.g.
/var/www/html/map_symbols/symbols.sym

open the symbol.sym file with a text editor and add the following

SYMBOL
   NAME 'circle'
   TYPE ELLIPSE
   FILLED TRUE
   POINTS
      1 1
    END
END

Save the file and close,  Add the following to your Brunnen CLASS in the
mapfile

    CLASS
        NAME "Brunnen"
        COLOR 255 0 0