mapserver as WCS client

Pericles S. Nacionales naci0002 at UMN.EDU
Wed Mar 1 12:25:57 EST 2006

Hi John,

That is correct.  I don't know what the rationale is for not supporting
it other than the huge bandwidth requirement.  Maybe lack of interest?
I would imagine most WCS clients have very powerful analytical
capabilities whereas with MapServer you'll be pulling large amounts of
data for display on the web.  I also don't know if MapServer can easily
cascade WCS services like it does with WMS.  I would think though that a
basic support can be implemented fairly easily via GDAL.

But this isn't my cup of tea.

-Perry