threads in mapserv

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Fri Mar 3 09:11:47 EST 2006

chris at narx.net wrote:
> 5. Built mapserv.fcgi with the following configuration
>
> ./configure --with-proj --with-ogr --with-gdal --with-wfs --with-wcs
> --with-wmsclient --with-wfsclient --with-sde-version=91
> --with-sde=/arcsdesdk/sdeexe91/lib/  --with-fastcgi=/WSPACE5/fcgi_bin
>
> [root at t2lin cgi-bin]# ./mapserv.fcgi -v
> MapServer version 4.6.2 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
> OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
> SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT
> SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=SDE INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL
> INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Chris,

If MapServer isn't reporting SUPPORTS=FASTCGI then it did not get built in
successfully (link or not).  What does the FastCGI section of Makefile look
like?  It should read something like:

# Optional FastCGI
FASTCGI=-DUSE_FASTCGI
FASTCGI_INC=
FASTCGI_LIB=-lfcgi

I *suspect* you need to use --with-fastcgi=/WSPACES/fcgi-2.4.0.

I sympathize with the challenges of getting fastcgi support working.  It
makes me appreciate how relatively easy it is to debug issues int he
traditional cgi mechanism.

Best regards,