php mapscript question

openwereld.net openwereld.net at HOME.NL
Fri Mar 3 09:50:19 EST 2006

Andrea Cappugi schreef:
> Hi,
> anybody knows if is possible to store a map object in a php Session
> variable.
> I have tired but map object stored in session variable loses its
> internal handle.
Hi Andrea,

If I remember well, the serialize/unserialize of php is not symmetric
with respect to the handles or null  values. So probably you can't store
the map object in a session variable, but a possible alternative is to
store the path to the map file in a session variable, and read that map
file in an object at the start of the session.

Cheers,
John.