GetLegendGraphic and sld

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Sun Mar 5 16:22:25 EST 2006

Hi,

Does MapServer's OGC:WMS GetLegendGraphic support changing of legend text in addition to the actual graphic mark?  We're able to do the latter via SLD, but we can't seem to change the legend text.

We're using latest CVS.

Test URL:

http://devgeo.cciw.ca/cgi-bin/mapserv/hydromet?version=1.1.1&service=WMS&request=GetLegendGraphic&layer=hydromet_latest_water_levels&format=image/jpeg&sld=http://devgeo.cciw.ca/ms_tmp/kyw_sld.xml

Under the hood, the data from the OGC:WMS is a point layer, with the following CLASS block:

  CLASS
   NAME "Water Levels"
   SYMBOL 'circle'
   SIZE 3
   COLOR 0 0 255
  END

...so I'm not sure whether something has to be enabled from the server end to enable the SLD to specify titles, or if the SLD is off.

Please advise.

Thanks

..Tom