C# mapscript...

John Cole john.cole at UAI.COM
Mon Mar 6 10:42:53 EST 2006

Tamas,
  Thanks for your help, some more questions now :-)

  I've switched to the nightly.tar.gz (because I couldn't figure out flex
and bison) but I'm having trouble with libpng.  I've checked their site and
there isn't a lot of info on building with windows, much less building in
VC8, how did you do it?  I'm getting the following error trying to build the
libpng solution

Error	1	fatal error A1000: cannot open file :
c:\projects\zlib\contrib\masmx86\inffas32.asm	MASM

I have the zlib library but that file doesn't exist in it (nor does the
masmx86 directory).

  Also, I was the nmake /F Makefile.vc was getting errors on not finding
bgd_i.lib, so I changed those references to bgd.lib, is that OK?  (it got
past that).

Thanks,

John Cole

-----Original Message-----
From: Tamas Szekeres [mailto:szekeres.tamas at FREEMAIL.HU]
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2006 3:58 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU; John Cole
Subject: Re: C# mapscript...

John,

The parser and lexer files are not precompiled with the CVS version. You
have at least 2 options to do:

1. Use the nightly build instead containing theese files precompiled

http://cvs.gis.umn.edu/dist/nightly.tar.gz

2. Download flex and bison

gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/flex.htm
gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/bison.htm

and generate theese files from mapparser.y and maplexer.l

Best Regards,

Tamas