fastcgi & mapserver

Chris Tweedie chris at NARX.NET
Tue Mar 7 07:28:09 EST 2006

Tim, depending on what language you are using for the wrapper you can either

a. Recompile PHP with CGI/FastCGI support (im pretty sure ms4w/fgs have
this as standard)

b. Grab the fcgi module from CPAN for perl

and then reconfigure Apache  with something like

<Directory /mswrapper>
     AddHandler php-fastcgi .php
     Action php-fastcgi /bin/php
     Options +ExecCGI
     SetHandler fastcgi-script
</Directory>

Or if you have already set up a directory for fcgi, simply add a new
handler for the file type.

Can't say i've tested the sucker, but i see no reason why it wouldnt
when the wrapper itself is executed as pseudo-fcgi :)

ttyl

Chris