Projection issues on WFS-Server

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Mar 7 15:12:20 EST 2006

Stephan Holl wrote:
> GetCapabilities
> <SRS>EPSG:4326</SRS>
> <LatLongBoundingBox minx="-2.5e+07" miny="-2.5e+07" maxx="2.5e+07"
> maxy="2.5e+07"/>
> This should be from my understanding
> <LatLongBoundingBox minx="-180" miny="-90" maxx="180" maxy="90"/>
> Perhaps you could provide a starting point where to look.

I would encourage you to upgrade to 4.8.1.  Some aspect of
this has already been fixed, though I am not sure if it was the
layer level extents.  It might just have been per-shape bounds
that was fixed.

I would suggest you look in mapwfs.c, search for msOWSGetLayerExtent().

Best regards,
I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at
light and sound - activate the windows |
and watch the world go round - Rush    | President OSGF,