Install at Shared Hosting Facility, can it be done???

blaise bpicinbono at WORLDONLINE.FR
Wed Mar 8 08:37:01 EST 2006

Do you mean you want to use php_mapscript on your shared host ?
It might work depending on your shared host. But you should start with
basics : setup mapserver cgi. If ok, then you'll try php_mapscript, but if
not, then it's likely that php_mapscript won't neither.
You should start with very basic config, and then upgrade to more complex
stuff. If not, it'll be hell to debug.
Just try the cgi to see if your shared host has got the graphics libs required
by mapserver.
Blaise