Projection issues on WFS-Server

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Wed Mar 8 09:09:15 EST 2006

Stephan Holl wrote:
> Hello Frank,
>
> On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 15:12:20 -0500 Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at POBOX.COM>
> wrote:
>
>> Stephan Holl wrote:
>>> GetCapabilities
>>> <SRS>EPSG:4326</SRS>
>>> <LatLongBoundingBox minx="-2.5e+07" miny="-2.5e+07" maxx="2.5e+07"
>>> maxy="2.5e+07"/>
>>>
>>> This should be from my understanding
>>> <LatLongBoundingBox minx="-180" miny="-90" maxx="180" maxy="90"/>

Stephan,

Looking more closely at your bounding box, it doesn't really look
like it hasn't been reprojected.  It looks more like it was unitialized
or defaulted somehow since all the values are the same.

I am also starting to wonder if this is an issue specific to PostGIS.

I'm no WFS nor PostGIS-in-MapServer guru.  My suggestion is you try
and reproduce the problem from shapefiles.  If you can reproduce it
from shapefiles, then you should submit a bug report with a dataset,
map and the exact WFS query to reproduce the problem.  You should
test the WFS query against mapserv at the commandline to maximally
ensure it will be easy for the bug fixer to reproduce.

If you can't reproduce the problem with a shapefile, then I suspect
the issue is somehow related to WFS interacting with the PostGIS driver.
You likely still ought to file a bug, but it will likely be hard to
bundle things up to make it easy for a bug fixer to reproduce.

Best regards,