Multiple mapshape parameters?

Rick rstoyle at COMCAST.NET
Fri Mar 10 00:30:50 EST 2006

Using Mapserver CGI.

I need to find all the polygons on a layer that a line passes through. It
is a multi segment adhoc line.

I am accomplishing this via NQUERY, QLAYER and MAPSHAPE parameters and it
is working great. The map I am using is a world map with imgext = -180 -90
180 90 and the mapshape is essentially a polyline made up of lat/lon
coordinates.

My problem now is to compensate for when the line crosses the
International Date Line (-180 or 180 longitude). I need to break the line
at the 180th meridian so that it doesn't take the long way around. I have
code that detects this and splits the polyline into multiple segments, but
was wondering if there was a way to pass both segments in the same query
or do I need to make a separate query for each polyline? Basically, I want
to pass 2 (or more) mapshape parameters in the same call to the CGI
application.

Thanks for any suggestions, or even a simple "No you can't do that" would
help me out alot.