New User - What to start with: Unix or Windows

Werner Meyer werner.meyer7 at BLUEWIN.CH
Sun Mar 12 03:11:08 EST 2006

Dear Jeff and list,

I have started to use AMEIN for UMN because ArcMap is our standard desktop GIS.
Interesting approach.
We  have bought the printed manual
but with all the information I cannot get over this error:
After a first successful round of mapfile generation I never can do
another one until I reboot
the system. Some files get locked. I dont find out which one it is. The
message does not tell me that. It always happens on the last screen. when
I start to treat layer after layer: "Runtime error 70 Permission denied",

Has anynone solved this problem ?

Werner Meyer, MSc (GIS), Swiss Federal Statistical Office