[UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Problems Installing New MapServer Version 4.8.1 on Windows Server 2003 IIS 6.0

Fortin,Nicolas [SteFoy] nicolas.fortin at EC.GC.CA
Tue Mar 14 09:01:30 EST 2006

Hi Gail,

It could be a permission issue.  Try running filemon (http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Filemon.html) while accessing http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe and search the result for some ACCESS DENIED.

Did you try "mapserv -v" from a command line?

Nicolas

	-----Message d'origine-----
	De : UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] De la part de Gail Millin
	Envoyé : 14 mars 2006 07:43
	À : MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
	Objet : [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Problems Installing New MapServer Version 4.8.1 on Windows Server 2003 IIS 6.0

	Dear MapServer Users,

	I would like to install MapServer 4.8.1 on Windows Server 2003 and IIS 6.0. However documentation on the MapServer website keeps taking me to the MS4W Installer which is configured for an Apache server. I have consulted the Win32 Compilation and Installation How To document however the link to the MapServer source code that is suggested in this document is broken (http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/dload.html ). I have downloaded the files from the MS4W installer and tried to adapt the configuration to IIS 6.0. I have managed to install PHP and Mapscript and when I run the test.php script I have

	MapScript

MapServer Version

MapServer version 4.8.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE DEBUG=MSDEBUG

PHP MapScript Version

($Revision: 1.242.2.1 $ $Date: 2006/01/18 00:37:47 $)

	However when I type http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe I do not get the message No query information to decode. Query_String is set, but empty. Instead I get The Page Cannot be Found  HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.Internet Information Services (IIS).

	I have checked my permissions on cgi-bin directory which has the executable rights switched on, I really cannot think of what is causing this to occur? Also is there no where that provides Mapserver 4.8.1 windows binaries without having to install the ms4w package?

	I would appreciate any help or suggestions from anyone that has successfully installed Mapserver 4.8.1 on IIS 6 Windows 2003

	Kind Regards

	Gail

	Gail Millin

	E-mail: Gail.Millin at manchester.ac.uk