PHP MapScript 4.8.1 and PHP 5.1.2

Thu Mar 16 13:35:02 EST 2006

David,

While I have not run PHP 5, it is likely that TrueType fonts in PHP 4
and Mapserver are coming from the system libraries and the PHP 5 is
using TrueType or GD libraries that might be bundled with the PHP 5
distribution. PHP has historically come with a bundled version of GD
that is used to build it by default and it is important that you you
build it and mapserver using the SAME GD, TrueType, and Regex libraries
or you WILL get segmentation faults.

-Steve W.