FW: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] WAN vs LAN access problems

Sears, Jeremy Jeremy.Sears at CCRS.NRCAN.GC.CA
Thu Mar 16 14:30:17 EST 2006

fowarding to the list ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Sears, Jeremy
Sent: March 16, 2006 2:20 PM
To: 'Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS)'
Subject: RE: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] WAN vs LAN access problems

Hi Bart,
Thanks for the response. I think that the server does have an internal and
external address. The mapserver installed on my serverer is reachable to WAN
only thru a proxy. As I mentioned, the mapserver is installed off of the
root in a directory simmilar to: /adirectory/anotherdirectory/ms4w. When a
request from WAN is made to the mapserver, a proxyserver directs it to
/adirectory/anotherdirectory, which is where I have
mapserver/apache/chameleon installed.

>>If you view the HTML source of your application, what URL do the images
>>reference?

When I attempt to view the page from WAN
The images are referenced as:
https://myhttp.address.ca/chameleon//skins/default/images/a_pixel.gif

When I view the page from our LAN
The images are referenced as:
http://myLAN.address/chameleon//common//wrapper/drawmap.php?map_session_mode
=1&run_query=0&sid=4419b8d118a98&dummy=0.39865000+1142536402&UniqId=11425363
97803538

Both of the above noted URLs are what is returned when I query the
properties of the main map image via a right-mouse-click

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Jeremy