PERL/Mapscript postGIS examples?

Simpson asimpson at I-55.COM
Fri Mar 17 08:12:03 EST 2006

Stephen,

You might try checking the Postgresql logs to see if Mapserver is connecting
and requesting data.  Turn on statement logging in Postgresql config to get
details of exactly what is being sent.  You can then run the statement from
psql to see if it is returning what you expect.

Drew.

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU]On
Behalf Of Stephen Davies
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2006 12:48 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] PERL/Mapscript postGIS examples?

Could somebody please send me or point me at an example of a
PERL/Mapscript script that displays layers populated from a postGIS
database and/or raster layers?
The following PERL/Mapscript  and map file generates an image containing
only the copyright layer.
Exactly the same map file with mapserver invoked as CGI generates all
layers.
(In both cases the extent is provided as args.
eg ./genpics q 1 jpg 139.5143351 -34.7459112 139.5278707 -34.7207064)

Cheers and thanks,
Stephen Davies

#! /usr/bin/perl
#
# args are UID (for mapfile), pic sequence #, image type (extension),
extent
#
use strict;
#use CGI;
use mapscript;
my $uno = $ARGV[0];
my $seq = $ARGV[1];
my $ext = $ARGV[2];
my $minx = $ARGV[3];
my $miny = $ARGV[4];
my $maxx = $ARGV[5];
my $maxy = $ARGV[6];
#
# if sequence = 1, create/empty directory (ignoring errors)
#
if ($seq == 1){
  mkdir("/var/www/html/status_images/$uno",0777);
  unlink </var/www/html/status_images/$uno/*>;
}
#
my $mapfile = "/tmp/$uno.map";
my $map = mapscript::mapObj->new($mapfile);
my $i=$map->setExtent($minx,$miny,$maxx,$maxy);
#
#my $img = $map->prepareImage();
my $img = $map->draw();
my $fname = "/var/www/html/status_images/$uno/$seq.$ext";
$img->save($fname);
MAP
  NAME perltest

    PROJECTION
        "proj=eqc"
        "lon_0=139.521e"
    END

    SIZE 600 600
    FONTSET "/var/www/html/benparts/fonts.list"
    SYMBOLSET "/var/www/html/benparts/symbols"
    UNITS METERS
    IMAGETYPE  jpeg
    OUTPUTFORMAT
        NAME jpeg
        DRIVER "GD/JPEG"
        MIMETYPE "image/jpeg"
        IMAGEMODE RGB
        EXTENSION "jpg"
        FORMATOPTION "QUALITY=75"
    END
    IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255

    WEB
        template /var/www/html/benparts/templates/test1.html
        imagepath "/var/www/html/tmp/"
        imageurl  "/tmp/"
    END

    LAYER
      TYPE RASTER
      NAME "bkgrnd"
      STATUS DEFAULT
      PROJECTION
       "init=epsg:28354"
      END
      DATA "/var/www/html/benparts/rasters/walker.ecw"
#      OFFSITE 0 0 0
      PROCESSING "DITHER=YES"
    END

    LAYER
      CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
      NAME "probe"
      DATA "geom from probe"
      CONNECTION "user=scldad dbname=benparts"
      STATUS DEFAULT
      TYPE POINT
#      FILTER "id in (0)"
      PROJECTION
        "init=epsg:4284"
      END
      MAXSCALE 5000000
      LABELITEM "location"
      CLASS
        NAME       "Probe (Right Click to select)"
        STYLE
          COLOR        0 214 0
          SYMBOL 'circle'
          SIZE 7
        END
        LABEL
          MINDISTANCE 15
          POSITION CR
          SIZE SMALL
          COLOR 0 0 0
          FORCE TRUE
        END
      END
    END

    LAYER
      NAME 'copyright'
      TYPE ANNOTATION
      STATUS DEFAULT
      TRANSFORM FALSE # coordinates are in pixels
      FEATURE
        POINTS 10 595 END
      END
      CLASS
        LABEL
          TYPE TRUETYPE
          FONT arial
          SIZE 8
          COLOR 255 0 0
          POSITION CR
        END
        TEXT 'Photography supplied by MAPLAND, Environment Information,
Dept Environment & Heritage'
      END
    END
END
This email is for the person(s) identified above, and is confidential to
the sender and the person(s).  No one else is authorised to use or
disseminate this email or its contents.

Stephen Davies Consulting                            Voice: 08-8177 1595
Adelaide, South Australia.                             Fax: 08-8177 0133
Computing & Network solutions.                       Mobile:0403 0405 83