Improving Performance...

Jelmer Baas baas at SPEERIT.NL
Sun Mar 19 06:22:46 EST 2006

Paul james wrote:
> Hello all !
> I have a app with one layer (roads - ~600k lines) ... And It take about
> 10 sec to draw... Its using postgre/postgis... And my server is a ADM64
> 3800+ , 2GB Ram...
> Is there any kind to optimize that?

As far as I found out, drawing from MapInfo .TAB files is blazingly
fast. Drawing the whole of the netherlands, the mainroads, the natural
feautures, a lot of other stuff only takes < 0.5 sec on a machine that's
less fast as yours.

If the road info is static, I'd try converting it to MapInfo files. .TAB
is faster (at least for me) than shape+index, as well.

--
Jelmer