mapserver / oracle 10g /debian

Didrik Pinte dpinte at ITAE.BE
Tue Mar 21 07:40:18 EST 2006

Le mardi 21 mars 2006 à 08:53 -0300, Fernando Simon a écrit :
> Hi Didrik,
>     Mapserver can work with UNIX/Linux without problems.
>     Here I already used with: Suse, RedHat, Slackware, Conectiva and
> HpUX. You need the OCI (Oracle Call Interface) installed in your system.
>     Best regards.

Hi Fernando,

My question was focused on Oracle/MapServer interaction under linux. I'm
very happy using MapServer with Postgis but one of my client absolutely
wants Oracle. That's why ... ;-)

Is OCI mandatory ? I've read here
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/oracle_spatial_howto that you
only need OCI when accessing oracle datasets with OGR ?

Best regards,

Didrik