xlink:href gml property in MapServer WFS

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Tue Mar 21 14:10:32 EST 2006

The WFS will output elements as per field names, i.e.:

<location>location</location>
<access>access</access>

If you're looking for making the location field displayed as an XML
attribute, i.e. @xlink:href, I'm not sure there's much that can be done
here.   MapServer WFS/GML is mostly a flat output content model.  You
can group fields such that they are output as such, but I don't think
you can make a field output as an XML attribute.

..Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at lists.umn.edu] On
Behalf Of Norman Barker
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 1:48 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at lists.umn.edu
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] xlink:href gml property in MapServer WFS

Hi,

I am thinking of creating a shapefile in python (using gdal) to index
all of the raster data I have in a file tree.

Fields of the shapefile will be location, extent, access

In particular for the access GML property I would like to express the
GML output from MapServer WFS to include an xlink:href attribute so that
this could point
to either a WMS url, ftp url, arcims url etc.

Is there a way to customize how MapServer delivers GML from a WFS in
this way?

Many thanks,

Norman