extra spatial filter for OVF source

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Wed Mar 22 10:28:21 EST 2006

Huub Fleuren wrote:
> Hi List
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&rls=GGLD%2CGGLD%3A2004-28%2CGGLD%3Aen&q=ODBC+gdal+spatial+filters+VRT+format+howto
>

> I was hoping that i could put an extra spatial filter (a polygon : find
> all point within the polygon) to the following OVF source
>
> Is it possible?
> How?

Huub,

I don't know how this would be accomplished without changing some code,
though I can see that it would be an interesting capability for the OGR
VRT (OVF) driver.  If you just wanted a one time static extract it wouldn't
be to hard to setup with a Python script but doing it dynamically is
not currently supported.

Best regards,