shapefile optimization for dynamic data

Shoaib Burq hydromap at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 28 06:33:05 EST 2006

> The possibility of using the sqlite driver popped up a while back,
> but at the time I discounted it based on suggestions from the mailing
> list that properly optimized shapefiles were going to offer the fastest
> access.
Ben, using Sqlite would be achieved via an OGR or and ODBC Connection
and although its theoretically slower than reading a static shapefile,
I have no idea how it would perform in your scenario. I suspect it
might be faster, but would be _very_ interested in the results if you
do happen to try it.

> Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll take a look at postgis.  If we go that
> route, I suppose I should set up fastcgi for connection pooling too.

shoaib