difficulty running new Mapserv CGI within cgi-bin

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Mar 28 15:16:37 EST 2006

Kurt Menke wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have just built Mapserv from source on a new Intel data server running
> RedHat Enterprise Server 4, u2, i386.  I built Mapserv version 4.6.2
> with Proj 4.4.9 and the server is running Apache 2.0.52.
>

> Mapserv compiled correctly and from the src directory I am able to do a
> ./mapserv –v and get the correct version info etc (below).
>

> MapServer version 4.6.2 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
> OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
> SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT
> SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR
> INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
>

> However when I copy this Mapserv cgi to the cgi-bin I get no response
> from it command line.  For the time being this data server is only being
> used as a WMS Server for large raster datasets served out to other clients.

Kurt,

Are you saying that after copying mapserv to the cgi-bin directory, if
you try to invoke that version with the -v flag you don't even get the
version information? No messages about missing shared libraries?  Nothing?
If that is the case, the rest of the configuration info doesn't matter,
and it would seem likely you are picking up a bad library version or
something like that.

Best regards,