Shapefile classification by attribute

Matthew Perry perrygeo at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 15 13:07:11 EST 2006

Eric,

 Mapserver can indeed create choroplethic maps. You'll want to
research the CLASS and EXPRESSION mapfile parameters.

There is a good tutorial online at:
http://biometry.gis.umn.edu/tutorial/example1-3.html

In your case, you'll most likely want to create multiple layers for
each attribute of interest.
Each layer would be comprised of multiple classes.
Each class would be defined by an expression (eg ACRES_2002 < 10 ) and a style.

Hope this helps.. and welcome to Mapserver!

- matt

--
Matthew T. Perry
GIS Analyst / Software Engineer