MAPSERVER-USERS Digest - 30 Sep 2006 to 1 Oct 2006 (#2006-273)

percy percyd at PDX.EDU
Mon Oct 2 01:31:07 EDT 2006

Yahoo has a geocoder that is very nice and allows up to 5000 hits per day:
http://developer.yahoo.com/maps/rest/V1/geocode.html

this will return a lat/long point for any address in the US that you can
use to zoom to in your map.

you might want to look at openlayers.org, as well...
percy
psu geology