WMS loadparams()

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Mon Oct 2 14:14:35 EDT 2006

Stuart,

   I have run this example on windows without a problem. Is there
anything set in the request object after the loadparams call (is
$request->numparams == 0 ?) Normally the underlying code should get use
the REQUEST_METHOD and the QUERY_STRING variables to parse the query
string. I think phpinfo() should tell you the values of these parameters.

Later,

Stuart Eve wrote:
> I posted this a couple of weeks ago but no replies so thought I would
> try again. I am still having this problem - and am now using 4.10.0-rc1
>
> Any thoughts anyone?
>

> Dear all
>
> I am having a bit of trouble using the WxS phpMapscript wrapper. I am
> trying this code as from the example page:
>
> dl('php_mapscript.so');
> $request = ms_newOwsRequestObj();
> $request->loadparams();
> ms_ioinstallstdouttobuffer();
> $oMap = ms_newMapobj("mapserver/military.map");
> $oMap->owsdispatch($request);
> $contenttype = ms_iostripstdoutbuffercontenttype();
> $buffer = ms_iogetstdoutbufferstring();
> header('Content-type: application/xml');
> echo $buffer;
> ms_ioresethandlers();
>
> However, all I get is the message (in Firefox) that the connection has
> been reset to the server. After a bit of debug I found it was to do with
> the $request->loadparams() call - by commenting that out and manually
> setting the variables...
>
> $request->setParameter("VeRsIoN","1.1.0");
> $request->setParameter("SERVICE","WMS");
> $request->setParameter("REQUEST","getcapabilities");
>
> ...I get a perfect getcapabilities response. I could I guess manually
> request the variables from the querystring using php and set them, but
> that seems a lot of work!
>
> My URL looks like this
> http://blah.blah.com/wms.php?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=getcapabilities
>

> I am using MapServer version 4.10.0-beta3
>
> Anyone got any ideas or have experienced this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Stuart
>
> Stuart Eve
> L - P : Archaeology