Proj 4 error: no system list, errno: 2

Ryan Ollerenshaw ollerery at ENGR.ORST.EDU
Tue Oct 3 20:22:42 EDT 2006

> Ryan Ollerenshaw wrote:
>> *I just installed MapServer on a new machine and i an not sure why i
>> am getting the following error:
>>
>> Warning*: [MapServer Error]: msProcessProjection(): no system list,
>> errno: 2 in */var/www/html/mapserver/display.phtml* on line *13
>>
>> I know that the epsg file is present because i can locate it with:
>
> Perhaps it is looking for a file other than the epsg init file?
>
> I'd encourage you to set the PROJ_DEBUG environment variable so you
> can see (in stderr/error_log) what files proj is trying to open.

Thank you for your help, but setting the PROJ_DEBUG variable doesn't
seem to make a difference on the web server.  I still get the same error:

*Warning*: [MapServer Error]: msProcessProjection(): no system list,
errno: 2 in */var/www/html/mapserver/display.phtml* on line *13

But i do get some debugging information from the command line.
# proj -v +init=epsg:4269
pj_open_lib(epsg): call fopen(/usr/local/share/proj/epsg) - succeeded
Rel. 4.4.9, 29 Oct 2004