MySql Spatial Database

Murat BEYHAN beyhan at DEPREM.GOV.TR
Wed Oct 4 07:21:38 EDT 2006

Dear Friends;
Is it possible to connect mysql spatial database by using Mapserver 4.8.4
if it is?

I would like to make a spatial database on MySql and add my data into database.
I have polygon, line and pointdata.
So I have found the followings in MySQL database to create spatial database
table but I dont have any idea how can I insert polygon or line or point data
into the table.
If any idea to do this Please help.

mysql> CREATE TABLE spat (p POINT, g POLYGON, l LINESTRING, geo GEOMETRY );
mysql> INSERT INTO spat (p) VALUES (GeomFromText('POINT(1 2)'));
mysql> select X(p),Y(p) from spat;
regards
Murat

believed to be clean.