MySql Spatial Database

Murat BEYHAN beyhan at DEPREM.GOV.TR
Wed Oct 4 10:03:17 EDT 2006

Dear Bart,
thank you for your advice.
I have tried the followings

ogr2ogr -f MySQL MySQL:testogr,user=root,password=passmysql cities.shb -nln
iller -update -overwrite -lco GEOMETRY_NAME=SHAPE2

This is creates 3 tables in mysql tables in testogr database.
the names of the tables are
geometry_columns,
cities,
spatial_ref_sys

then I have doubt I have cities shape files the tail of the files are
shp shx sbn sbx these are esri files.  I don't know Which one should be use
for this?
And How can I connect and read data by using ogr connection from map file.
I have an experiment if the data stored regularly as lat and lon in the table
I can read those for draw point. But My problem if I have polygone or line
data in mySql How can I read those data to create a layer on my map file by
using OGR. So I'm trying to use spatial database.

This is I think possible to do with Mapserver but There is not enough
application to do this on the internet.
Thank you for your help
I appreciated any comment form all...
Regards
Murat

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 13:26:03 +0200, Eijnden, Bart van den (AGI) wrote
> You can only access them using OGR in Mapserver.
>
> See also:
>
> http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_mysql.html
>
> A better option would be PostGIS ofcourse. If you have the choice,
> go for that one.
>
> Best regards,
> Bart

believed to be clean.