Your mapfile configuration tool: MapStorer

Sebastian Schmitz sschmitz at KARTAGO.DE
Wed Oct 4 11:11:14 EDT 2006

Hi,

for your information:

at FOSS4G in Lausanne we presented the Open Source project MapStorer and
got very positive feedback. MapStorer is a database supported system for
managing MapServer projects based on either MySQL or PostgreSQL. It is
implemented in PHP 5 and JavaScript and allows users to create,
configure and manage mapfiles on the fly using an intuitive frontend. It
comes with a plug-in architecture that makes it easy to extend its
functionality by writing new plug-ins.

Alongside positive feedback, we also got a lot of surprised faces as
many people did not know of the project beforehand, even though
MapStorer adresses a common need - a mapfile configuration and
management tool. Thus, I would hereby like to beat the drum for
MapStorer on this mailing list and invite everyone to
- get more information at http://www.mapstorer.org,
- experience MapStorer at http://212.79.172.185/mapstorer/login.php
(user: demo / password: demo),
- download your copy from sourceforge and use it (release 0.7)
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/mapstorer),
- get the sources from Subversion and contribute code (Repository
location: http://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mapstorer),
- get on the user list and ask questions
(https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mapstorer-users),
- get on the developer list and discuss the evolution of MapStorer
(https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mapstorer-devel).

Cheers

Sebastian (for the MapStorer team)

--
KARTA.GO Gesellschaft für raumbezogenes Informationsmanagement mbH

Siemensstraße 8
53121 Bonn

Sebastian Schmitz
Projektleiter