MySql Spatial Database

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Oct 5 10:50:41 EDT 2006

Murat BEYHAN wrote:
> Dear Frank
> Thank you this work well.
> I have tried the select statement it works fine.
> But my problem How can I send condition term from php to map file
> I mean by the following statement how can I send the name of districtname
> which I intend to draw it. On php the name of district for example $testname
> How can I send this information to the map.
>> DATA "SELECT * from polytable WHERE <some condition>"
>  DATA "SELECT * from district WHERE districtname='$testname'"
> by using %$testname% (%%) this I sent from html but I dont know how can I send
> by using PHP.

Murat,

Ah, I see your point.

I believe you can directly assign new strings to the DATA field in a layer
from PHP MapScript, and there is some way in PHP to get URL variables.  So
you will need to construct a custom DATA string, and assign it to the
layer->data field in your mapscript code.

I'm not a PHP guy, so I can't really offer the specifics.

Best regards,