getting map coordinates from mouse click

Alessandro Pasotti ale.pas at TISCALI.IT
Fri Oct 6 10:21:40 EDT 2006

Il 16:04, venerdì 6 ottobre 2006, Sandeep Kumar Jakkaraju ha scritto:
> Hi
>
> a similar problem ...
>
> I want to know the img_x and img_y  for a corresponding MAPLON, MAPLAT....

I believe the only way is to do some math on the server or on the client (with
javascript code).

You already know the map extent and jpeg size, don't you?

You can find a lot of examples on the net, just look at the js code of one of
the many webgis clients (p.mapper, openlayers or ka-map to cite a few).

Regards.
--
Alessandro Pasotti
itOpen - "Open Solutions for the Net Age"