Help: generating a hyperlink in query result

Delfos, Jacob Jacob.Delfos at MAUNSELL.COM
Tue Oct 10 00:11:52 EDT 2006

Hi Xiaopeng,

If the attribute value is simply passed into the HTML, then it's simply
a matter of putting in the right HTML code:

(the target=# makes it open in a new window)

I normally generate a directory listing, and paste it into a spreadsheet
(e.g. excel / openOffice CALC), and split up the parts of the link, then
concatenate them. For example, imagine a row in a spreadsheet:

column 1:      <a href="http://someWebsite/mydir/
column 2:      1
column 3:      ".img target=#>
column 4:      click for image
column 5:      1
column 6:     </a>

column 7:     =concatenate(column1, column2, column3, column4, column6)

Only column 2 and 5 will change (can use autonumber). All other columns
will hold the same value, and can be copied across.

Hope this makes sense.

regards,

Jacob