Strange OGR VRT Issue

Pascoe,Tim [Burlington] Tim.Pascoe at EC.GC.CA
Thu Oct 12 13:10:33 EDT 2006

I'm experimenting with placing my OVF file in line, in order to pass in
some variables for a custom WHERE Statement. The first step I took was
changing my OVF file to use the scrSQL tag with a very simple SQL
statement, instead of the srcLayer tag. Both OVF files point to the same
view, in the same database.

New File:
<OGRVRTDataSource>
    <OGRVRTLayer name="CABINPoints">
        <SrcDataSource>ODBC:****/****@CABIN</SrcDataSource>
        <SrcSQL>SELECT * FROM OGRPoints</SrcSQL>
	  <FID>sitedetailsid</FID>
        <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
        <LayerSRS>WGS84</LayerSRS>
    <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="longitude"
y="latitude"/>
    </OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>

Old FIle:
<OGRVRTDataSource>
    <OGRVRTLayer name="CABINPoints">
        <SrcDataSource>ODBC:****/****@CABIN,OGRPoints</SrcDataSource>
        <SrcLayer>OGRPoints</SrcLayer>
	  <FID>sitedetailsid</FID>
        <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
        <LayerSRS>WGS84</LayerSRS>
    <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="longitude"
y="latitude"/>
    </OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>

The problem is, the old OVF returns a proper image, while the new one
returns a blank image. I ran the new file through OGRInfo and shp2ogr,
and both behave properly.

So........why am I getting a blank image with the scrSQL tag? I'm using
the latest version of the MS4W file set, but running on IIS on Windows
2000. Any suggestions would be great - it's probably somthing very
simple I'm missing :)

Tim Pascoe