installing qgis on fedora core 5

Fri Oct 13 14:59:21 EDT 2006

FGS is a self-contained environment and the libs that it ships with are
not expected to be compatible with non-FGS packages such as this qgis RPM.

For this RPM to work, you'll need to find the gdal, geos, proj and other
dependencies that it was built for. There must be RPMs for those, but I
just don't see them in a quick browse of the QGIS download site. The
best place to ask for them would be on the QGIS lists I think.

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/