Enable zip file downloading from query results

Xiaopeng Xiong xpxiong at PURDUE.EDU
Sun Oct 15 18:25:48 EDT 2006

Thanks for the help. It works on the server side.

But there are still another part of the problem. When the query result is returned to the
query template, how to access the "FileLink" attribute of each record? And how to
send these FileLinks to server side PHP file?

Thanks,
Xiaopeng

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Delfos, Jacob
  To: Xiaopeng Xiong ; MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
  Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 11:29 PM
  Subject: RE: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Enable zip file downloading from query results

  Hi Xiaopeng,

  There is a file from "Catalist Creative" on their website, which does that:

  http://www.catalistcreative.com/tools/zipfile.php.txt

  I have used it a fair bit for this purpose. You basically have to modify it to point to the right files. If you use it, please make the following change, otherwise you will run into problems if you try to open the zip-file straight from Internet Explorer:

  Before the lines that say "Header ("Content ........", put another line that says:

  Header("Cache-Control: must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0");

  regards,

  Jacob