Inline feature symbol too transparent

Mon Oct 16 19:35:23 EDT 2006

What does the star definition look like? The 'size 175' line strikes me
as very odd since that's interpreted as 175
pixels tall and your sample image was 200x200... I don't see any 'red'
anythings on the image you attached.
Perhaps I'm missing something?

Steve

>>> Ian <iansgis at GMAIL.COM> 10/13/2006 4:38:21 PM >>>
Hello,

I am plotting points dynamically on the map via inline features and it
works, however the symbol is extremely transparent and difficult to
see.
Overlaying a second symbol on top does not solve the problem, nor does
using
a background color, and I haven't found any solutions yet. It happens
with
circle symbols as well. Part of my link and mapfile is below, and I've
attached an image of the resulting symbol:

SYMBOLSET ".../symbols.sym"

LAYER
  NAME "locaterSymbol"
  TYPE POINT
  STATUS DEFAULT
  PROJECTION
    "proj=latlong"
  END
  CLASS
      SYMBOL 'star'
      SIZE 175
      COLOR 255 0 0
  END
END ## Layer

...&mode=map&map_locaterSymbol_feature=new&map_locaterSymbol_feature_points=130+40

Using MapServer 4.6.2. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Ian