msMapGeorefToPixel() - mapobj.c

Sandeep Kumar Jakkaraju sandeepkumar.jakkaraju at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 18 13:39:59 EDT 2006

Hi Frank..

My shapefile is in lat/lon unprojected...
I found the top left lat/lon and bottom right lat/lon ...
I know the image width and height

I use the pg_transform function of proj4  ...
Using the World Mercator projection (epsg-54004)..definition

I convert all lat/lon ..to X,Y ..and the scale this X,Y to image size ...
I am getting about 2/3 pixel error in x and 30 pixels error in y ..

(I also used the OpenMap Java API to do the same thing but the result is the
same).....

Do u think this function will give me the pixel x,y accurately..

Thanks
Regards
Sandeep

warmerdam at pobox.com